Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Rise of the Euro: Part Deux


Some more drawings from me and Matt Kindt (on watercolors). Again these were tests for me to loosen up as much as possible and just expressive in the line work.



I'm heading out to HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC tomorrow. If you're in the neighborhood be sure to pop in and say hi! Looking forward to seeing a lot of people from last year and meeting some new faces. I'll be set up in Artist's Alley with Cullen Bunn promoting THE DAMNED. We'll be at tables AA-319 and 320.

4 comments:

ron said...

These are looking really nice. I've always thought that your "sketchier" style could easily work as the finished art in the right context. This has a great immediate feel to it.It sort of has more of the Guy Davis I see and like in your work. (And less of the Alan Davis smoothness. Though I like that too.)

Brian said...

Really liking the Euro look.

brian hurtt said...

I would never compare myself to Alan Davis but I get where you're coming from, Ron. The Guy Davis comparison is less surprising--I love the guys work and it's only natural that his influence would show through.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's nice to see that some people respond positively to it.

:)

Doctor Fantastic said...

It's really smooth, Brian. I love it when artists develop multiple styles. I'll pre-order 2 copies of your first collaboration with Kindt. . . make it happen!