Monday, November 16, 2009

I Feel the Need. The Need for Speed.


Another recent commission to share with you all. I braced myself when I got this request because I feel that speedsters are some of the hardest characters to draw (and make interesting compositions with). You might say that they're my Achilles Heel (groan). But as I lay in bed one night mulling this over (this is a my most tried and true method of brainstorming) this image just popped in my head and the final result is about as close as I ever get to creating what's in my mind's eye. I'm very happy with the final result and I hope you all like it too.

4 comments:

Andy said...

i *love* how it turned out, brian! very dynamic composition, and i love the expression on zoom's face.

Shane said...

That turned out wonderful! Great job! I have no doubt that Speedsters are tough, but you didn't show it! And nice Top Gun quote!

Shane said...

It seems to have a bit of a 'Ringo feel to it.

erica said...

This is crazy good! Very neat!!