Thursday, September 20, 2007

Seems Like Just Yesterday

This recent commission took me back to my roots. Queen & Country: Operation Morningstar was my first real comics work. And it shows. I would post some of those early pages for comparison but they would be cringe-inducing for me. For this drawing I was asked to revisit the main characters of the book (at that time)--Paul Crocker and his Minders. It was nice to get a chance to redraw these characters--especially Wallace and Kittering (right and left, respectively). I'll always have a fondness in my heart for this book--having done two tours of duty with it. It's a great graphic novel series and I also highly recommend the prose novels.

2 comments:

Dan Z. said...

These are all really beautiful, Brian! I want you to TEACH ME!

JC said...

Magnificent.